Wednesday, January 31, 2007

CMC - bookkeeping

I propose (and have done) several minor technical things relative to how posts are dealt with.

I propose that the current month's entry get posted as if completed on the last day of whatever month it is offered so that it remains at the top of the list - it will require looking at the list of previous posts on the left to see if something new is in since they will show up just below the original post. This may get muddy as months bleed into one another.

I have condensed TClog's Volume 15 into one single post with links to the originals, both for personal preference and as a general request of Dan. Hunting down the write up for song 11 is annoying when it was archived 10 days ago. Half the posts show up in recent posts, the other half do not, for now. Soon all will be off the list. Not good.

Anyone else have recommendations?

(this post will remain at the top until there are some responses - sine it was written far into the future)

9 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Tom said...

My router has been on the fritz. But, posting on the last day of the month makes sense to me - good idea.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Not ACTUALLY on the last day, just made to appear as IF it were the last day.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Stephen Cummings said...

I'm good with that.

7:20 PM  
Blogger C.F. Bear said...

Define current months entry. Would it be like Pac-Man's i-Pod or the King George comments?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

December 31 - King George
January 31 - PacMan
February 31 - Today's Best Music

1:28 PM  
Blogger C.F. Bear said...

Maybe it is my sickness or I'm retarded, but Jan. 31st is when I need to have comments for my album up or those responding to my album?

Apparently I am the only one not understanding the vaugeness of your statement.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Alright.

Whose month it is should post their comments AS IF they were posted on the last day of the month. To do so, on the CREATE NEW POST page (the one where you type in your stuff) at the bottom there is something that says POST OPTIONS. Click on that and you can set the date and the time that your post will show up as, making it possible for you to do your write-up on whatever day you want, but post them as if it were done on the last day of the month. That way, whose month it is stays at the top of the main page until the ennd of the month.

Comments can go whenever.

It's a little thing, and one that I thought would be more self-explanatory.

2:29 PM  
Blogger C.F. Bear said...

I can see the light as it shines in through the tiny slits in my eyelids.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Stephen Cummings said...

It helps. I'm certainly the cause for some of the confusion with my lateness.

And as I am the February edition (I think), I guess my theme should be "Today's Best Music".

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home