Saturday, January 20, 2007

Response to Mixdorf's King George

Thank You! for your thoughts and comments. I am glad that you recognized the mix between presentations of facts and the smatterings of fiction. I will address only those items that you brought up so as not to spoil unknowns or retread that which might be known.

Allochronic. The use of this word may not be entirely correct in a grammatical sense (I really don’t know, it isn’t a common word at all), but I am so intrigued by this idea. A concept that I attempted to explain with “their sense of superiority and their need to dominate the “children” of the world”… More than just England, it is often attributed to most of Europe. An idea that suggests that many Europeans believed that they are, as a people, farther along in time than so-called third world, non-white, countries. This “concept’ helped to set up the need for colonization. Not so much a point, as an interesting backdrop to the later discussion concerning the “mess” left post-colonization. I admit it was an odd word to use early on, but I really felt that it supplied the underlying foundation for everything else that I planned to discuss regarding British and Beatle colonization. Wasps to Beatles. Cook to George, James Cook who, by the way, served a King George. Anyway, much more could be said with regard to this sense of “being ahead in time.” One last thought, the Irish were never included as part of this superior European Club and suffered greatly because of it. I wish to learn more about this and plan to do so fairly soon.

The British were discussed because of obvious reasons, but I certainly did not mean to suggest that they were the worst. I feel if a baby was dashed against a sharp rock by one country – that cannot be compared with the dashing of another baby on another sharp rock by another country. Spanish were probably more brutal, but there are so many examples of evils throughout history that to compare would be endless. Kahn. Hitler. American Slavery. Romans. Not good. I would argue that the British were still pretty awful and their abilities to bend to local cultures depended on individual situations. Some missionaries were ok, could even be considered kind, but many of them, if resistance became too great, would call upon their military to back them up – this usually resulted in the destruction of a village (or the deaths of thirteen Irishmen). Again, comparing dashed babies can be difficult. The British left much more than trains. They left altered races reeling from brand new sets of problems and cultural challenges.

Rocking Chair: well we both liked the “sideway glances” and the “shoulder and the thigh.”

Funny Droopy Dog connection, I can totally see it.

Ski-ing: Looks like I like this one a bit more than you, but I just love you discussing George and the Beatles – it kinda turns me on.

How to Know God: just a bit of Georginess

Wah-Wah: sounds like this one went on a bit too long for you. So you didn’t agree at all with my interpretation of the lyrics, or at least the bit I highlighted?

Pisces Fish: I found the lyrics in the beginning set up a nice little scene, just walking along. Reminded me of Minnesota football fields.

Party Seacombe: again – just wet from hearing you discuss the Beatles and George.

All Things Must…: no, not truly sad, but there is that weight, which I believe is a form of sadness – like growing up and leaving concrete things behind – what I mean – the time when you could not drive a car – well you can’t very well go back to that – kinda sad…

G on R: Yes – total BS answer – in fact he really wasn’t explaining the lyrics just REPEATING them – hilarious!!

When We Was Fab:I am glad you like the song, and your continued discussion of George and the Beatles has me sweating

Devil and Deep Blue: He had a place on the Islands, but I am not sure as to the specifics, but yes…

On The Bed: it’s where you got me now Mixdorf

Isn’t It A Pity: I really really enjoyed your take on this song. Very Nice.

Wrap: yes, isn’t it a pity about the dolphins

Great comments – thank you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home