Friday, January 12, 2007

* Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes (song 3)

This is the only song on my Pac-Man collection that I didn't already have on an album. I had to get it off of i-Tunes. Kim Carnes has a great voice and I like to hear her sing, but she is not allowed to stand near me if she are puffing on a cancer stick. How do women get voices like that? Smoking? Genetics? It is unusual and I dig it greatly.

Bette Davis Eyes spent 9 weeks at the top of the Billboards in 1981. It won Grammys for Song of the Year and Record of the Year. After that brief success, she could not follow it up with anything worth while and returned to her country-folk roots. She moved to Nashville in 1994 and is concentrating on songwriting.

In this song you will hear a gentle and flowing tempo that is caressed with the sultry voice of Kim Carnes. I find the lyrics to be clever and telling. Imagine those eyes watching you or giving you a nasty look from across the room. It would tear through your head man like a powerful laser and destroy all that you are. "Her hair is hollow gold" sets the stage for what kind of girl Kim is singing about. "She will roll you like dice" tells me that she is going to hypnotize you and then take advantage of you. To recap, I most of all love the voice singing those clever lyrics. When I was a kid, I thought that it was Cathryn Hepburn singing. As we all know it was not, but that's what I thought many moons ago. Bette Davis had eyes that were like that of the snake from Disney's Jungle Book movie. Stay away from women like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home