Monday, March 05, 2007

Comments to Meth's Comments

There is a part of me that wishes that I knew you guys more while I was in high school, but I would think that we would not be friends today if I did. I was, and at times still am, difficult to deal with when my emotions run crazy.

I remember the song Luka very clearly. I had it on 45. I really liked that song, and I will try to get it with my i-tunes card. You might see it again on the CMC circuit.

Cheers
It would be interesting to know which of us watched more Cheers. Was it Dan or was it T-clog? The next time I come out to see Meth, I would like to go to the bar. I know it doesn't look the same, but it is just something that I need to see and experience.

You Make Lovin' Fun
I am sad that it was not amongst your favorites. I am also sad that this song gets you to think of breakups and heartache. It is odd how this song gets you to think of why it was written, while EBYT gets you think of more of the music and not why it was written. Just a curious observation.

Bette Davis Eyes
Not sure if you liked this song or not. It was not clear. I am assuming that you thought that it was ok. Funny how you thought that it said proplush. I thought that it was crow blush. Speak clearly Kim!

99 Balloons
Interesting info in finding a build your own bomb shelter. I guess I have no idea where you lived while in high school. Can you tell me your address and I could drive by it sometime? Sorry that the keyboard reeks of the 80's. It is an 80's album after all you goofball. :)

Walk of Life
Tough man to please. You have the album, but it is not a favorite of yours on that album. What is your favorite song? Brothers in Arms? I am interested in getting that album at sometime in the near future. You make it sound great. I would be a fool not to add it to my collection.

Magic
Strike out! Meth is a hard man to walk the right cord with. You are not very clear, but I am thinking that you really didn't care much for the song. I get the vibe you are sending out, but sometimes it is easier to just read that it really was not your cup of tea. Straight to the chase and then to your reasons would make my brain hurt less.

Small Town
Didn't know about the cougar thing. Good info there guy. Glad you came around to this song. I was thinking, "Great another artist he is not into.", but at the end of your comments you said, "Good choice Clog." Thanks.

Against the Wind
Wow, Meth likes it. Good news for me to hear. What is EP?

I Won't Back Down
I agree with you about the stars aligning themselves for Full Moon Fever. I do get jazzed and that makes everyone happy.

Take On Me
Undersdtan where you are coming from. However, I love it and will probably always will.

Cheers 2
Are you devistated by hearing this extended version? I will be very sad if I ruined something that was originally good for you.

In regaurds to the SIWHI: Good God I hate that song. Thanks for the good comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

You may hate Ghostbusters, but Pac Man would not, and it is his iPod.

In record parlance, an EP is an extended play record, somewhere between a single and an LP or long play, which is what we would call an album.

I lived on Home Park, but we didn't have a bomb shelter, we just had the government propaganda from the 50's. It's one of the many consequences of having parents from a different generation (as Dan can attest).

I grew up with the 1958 edition of the Encyclopedia Brittanica, for which my parents probably paid a pretty penny, but which was little better than a paper weight by 1978 when I started needing such things.

9:21 AM  
Blogger C.F. Bear said...

Can you e-mail me your old address so that I might drive past it sometime? I am thinking of a project that would involve all of our Waterloo homes.

I figured EP was that, but not sure.

I know that you didn't have a bomb shelter. The pamphlet would have been neat to see.

You sir, are Encyclopidia Meth.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Since Cheers was part of the Thureday night lineup of Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court; and the TV was never off in the Hylton house, you'd have been hard-pressed to have exceeded my amount of Cheers-watching. Tied perhaps, but more? Mathematically impossible.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home