Saturday, April 15, 2006

Volume 7 Wrap Up

See individual comments here, here, here and here. Comment and you'll get your name added to the list (that means you MILES).

What I've learned so far....

Mighty Tom and I remained muscially aligned.
Dan/Aaron and I are not.
TClog hates the accordion and can no longer distinguish men's and women's voices.

I seriously considered all ten songs coming from Sufian Stevens. If I had, Dan would have missed out on a tremendous musical find. He also would have had his mind blown altogether in terms of the accepted structure of CMC to date. I had thought that the strength of the SS songs I did include would have garnered more interest, but perhaps I should have chosen some different ones. There are 3 other songs on the album that would probably be considered more powerful than several of the those that I chose, but I thought I would hold them back for other future themes. Perhaps a bad decision.

Given the membership, nothing that I presented was likely to rock the boat that much, though I was genuinely surprised by a number of the reactions, both positive and negative.

If I were to give out an award for best commenter, it would go hands down to Mighty Tom who seems to craft his responses in a far more creative way than any of the rest of us. He deserves kudos.

On other CMC related business, I suggest a shake-up at the end of round two. Starting in September I say we change the order of submission, principally so that we all don't get the same months every year (assuming we remain with 6 participants). Assuming so, I suggest Dan and I switch, Aaron and Mighty Tom swap, and Miles and T-Clog switch. That way, nobody has to go more than 7 months without putting out a collection, and everyone ends up in a different month than they had this last year. Future reorderings are likely to be more painful.

1 Comments:

Blogger C.F. Bear said...

Bully! Bully! Dude, I can usually tell if it is a man or a woman. I listened to that album many many times it always sounds like a guy. She got me good. Great job of telling from everyone else. maybe they looked up the album and found out. I can't be the only one who thought that it was a guy. Do I put the cd on in the bathroom and tten listen to it from under the water? No. Can't explain it. My ear is not musically trained. Everything is just white noise to me. I am good at reading lips. :)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home