Thursday, December 29, 2005

Follow-Up To The Mix

Glad you liked it! It was nice to hear your comments about the transitions between some of the songs.

Now..to acknowledge, answer, address, and/or respond to some of your comments.

Some Are: Very interesting, very different possible take on the song. Man - when I hear it - I mostly hear sleigh bells, but Sailors is certainly a possibility. Interesting connection to Immigrant song. Yes, fell voices Gandalf. "Very interesting and quite arresting as a kick off." Great!

That's The Way: I, too, am fully on the LZ appreciation train. AND YES! To echo again a comment made here by you, but also on Volume 1 by you: the whole EVIL Heavy Metal Band thing. Possibly the most misunderstood band of all time. So what if Page practiced the dark arts in his home. That was on his OWN time.

A Most Peculiar Man: Drink Deep is all that I can say (and Dan! see Drink Deep by Hylton)

Caroline Says II: Interesting bit about moods in music.

Photograph: this was a close call. Because I almost used Photograph by Nickelback - but that would have completely ruined the album feel that I was shooting for and would have made everybody, including myself, throw up all over their respective blocks.

Thinking About You: If I didn't mention it before - I meant to. This album was purchased at the continued urges of Mr. Mixdorf. He has many, bodily urges.


The End of the Spoon: I agree with the Dave Matthews band comments. They have made beautiful music and they have made boring music and they have made too much music. They do have some gems, though. Often they sacrifice melody and song craft for improv and jamming.

Interesting thought about this being a bookend for Some Are. I thought about it as an ending, but I really wanted to show these songs in a different light. Give them different neighbors, atmosphere - and this one - did end 'Streets' so I placed it elsewhere.


We Live Again: I had some beans the other day. Beck would be proud of the 'new fangled wasteland' that I created in my gym shorts.


Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You: This song had to end it. For me - there was no other choice - plus I really thought it was odd that this song was number two on their debut. It had to end something.

Left you breathless and wanting more, adrift with sleigh bells in the snow...how wonderfully poignant.

Thanks for the comments and Happy New Year Everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home