Monday, April 30, 2007

T-clog Sees Methman's True Colors

I love the simple concept to this album. It is raw and explosive. The songs are grouped together into this album because they all have a color in their track title. Before I get into each song, I want to say that theis album is fantastic and a pure joy to listen to. Meth, you have pulled another one of your tricks out of the hat. I will keep my comments short, but know this: I love listening to this album!

Blue Caravan

I dig the wire brush on the snare drum. It gives a cool sound that fits this song like a glove. The voice is soft and soothing. I love the way it dances through the line "I walked awaaaaaaaay". Absoulutely beautiful. Great song!

The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth

This song is definately sung by a troll. Is his name Jonathan? It is refreshing voice that is truely unique and common at the same time. It is purposefully raw and rough. It is a fun song with great lines. An example of one is, "You look a little bit like coffee". Another fun line for me is, "Far away from West Virginia". I don't know why that tickles me, but it does. I also love the buzzing sound at the beginning and the end of the song.

Red Oyster Cult

Like the solid drums a lot. The men that sing this song have amazing abilities. Have they gone through puberty yet? This is not a bad song, but one that might not make the i-pod (Samsung).

Pink Triangle

Very clever song. I love this song because.............oh, you know why. Any song that has lesbian in it can't be disliked. I am unable to play this song unless i am alone in the car. I can't play it at school or at home. Bummer! It is a song that is ewxciting and captivating. I feel for the poor guy in the song. I weep for him.

Silver

"In this land of strangers there are dangers", sounds very ominous to me from the git-go. This is a very interesting song. I think of lonely silver miners. I dig this song a lot. Get it? :0

White Girl

Sounds like the Beastie Boys. It's alright, but it won't make the i-Pod (Samsung). Know that when I say i-Pod, I will always mean my Samsung. I do really like the end of the song when it repeats it's self over and over. I do really like the end of the song when it repeats it's self over and over.

Gold to Me

A great song! It is upbeat and sweet. IF you really like gold then this would be your theme song. I kept thing of the song Band of Gold that was recorded by Payne back in the 70's I think. The dud e really likes gold. I wonder if it is white gold or yellow gold? Maybe it's both.

Green Arrow

LOVE the song. IT is greatly green and sharp. I love the crickets! IT reminds me of Everything by R.E.M. It is very soothing and peaceful. Just a flippin fantastic song. It might be my favorite song on the album.

Orange Colored Sky

Where's Frank? Another great song! A trip down the ribbons of time. Nat is a wonderful artist. Was this the inspiration for this album? What a great pick Meth. I want a cocktail and maybe some cocktail shrimp to go with it. I think that I might go out and get a Nat greatest hits album.

Olive

I LOVE IT! It is 100% pure extra virgin poetry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

TClog is fast out of the box. Damn!

10:27 PM  
Blogger C.F. Bear said...

I am trying to stay true to my statement about getting comments out before the month runs out. You deserve it!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home