Thursday, December 01, 2005

Final Comments on Vol. 3

I do enjoy doing comments in little batches, but if you wish to take that away - -so be it -




Man The Swirl of Color

I like the song - the voice has taken me a while to warm up to. I love the words, best on the collection. This song is possibly the most unique on the CD.

Interesting comments by Aaron - thank you.



The One You're Closest To

The voice is very familiar. I don't know who it reminds me of or if it's a type of voice that it reminds of.

I like the song - heavy and plodding (plodding in a good way, more a description of a type of song).

I typed the word type TWICE! Typey typey!

Nice guitar solo! Really has a voice of its own.



Neutral Angel of Fargo

Excellent words and nice use of harmony. A powerful little song and I am surprised how much I like this one. That's It.



Little Sunrise

Guitar thingy around 45 seconds is nice. Repeated at 1:21 or so and then again a few times at the end of the song - -though the first one was the best. The rest of the guitar was a bit rambly and it may have been better to edit the guitar down a bit. I thought this song was OK.


BS of the Collection

In the early listens - it was likely going to be Holiday, but upon further listens....though City Girl and Man the Swirl of Color had their moments, especially City Girl...but in the end my BS goes to: Neutral Angel of Fargo.


SIWHI

So many...44 songs, Pat & Dan songs, something like 'Drain the Sea' by the Hopefuls...but I think it would have been 'Drive Your Own Bus' by Gary Anderson.


How flattering for these artists! Will they know they have been so lovingly included in a collection distributed to friends? Will you sell them a copy? Hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home